My mom is one of two sisters. When her mother, my Vo, was in her 80's she began to lose her memory. Everyone 'tried to help her remember' her life. After a year or more, Mom realized it was impossible to fight Alzheimer's and she decided to have conversations with Vo about her past. On one occasion, Mom asked Vo if she had any children. Vo replied, "Yes, two daughters". Mom asked a very leading question...
So what are they like?
Vo responded, "Well, they are both wonderful. My daughter Norma is a teacher. She is VERY smart. The other one, is VERY clean".
Thank goodness Mom had a sense of humor that day. She laughed about it and told us all about the conversation. I still chuckle a bit whenever I replay it in my mind.
I am also one of two sisters. When I read my sister's blog I realize I am the clean one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Now,now... I am kinda clean. LOL You sell yourself short. You are one of the smartest people I know. So, if you want an exchange program I will write your blog and you can clean my house. My closets especially need you...
Sometimes the smart thing is to let the clean thing go. Sometimes blogs are messy. Sometimes a dirty house or kid can make great blog fodder. Sometimes uncles will send nephews a fresh batch of Sharpies.
Just so everyone is clear-that was self-deprecating humor. lol
Post a Comment