I think my kids could entertain themselves for hours with wooden and plastic play food. They pack lunches and cook dinner, go on picnics and serve everyone in the room. As they do this the baby eats all the plates and chews on everything they have left in their wake! Meanwhile, I can chat with my sister and veg after a good workout. "My life is goooood". Nacho Libre. (That was so Michael Scott) lol
So mom bought the kids sticker books that have activities. Mr. C has been crazy for his, but unfortunately after moving each sticker approximately 1000 times they are covered in dog hair and ripped to shreds. As I hugged my husband I had to pick about 3 off his back and I pried one out of H's hair. Stickers are so amazing to a 3 year old.
Stickers and plastic cookies could solve a lot of problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I SO agree. I love all those low tech toys like plastic food and wooden trains. I think they are so much better at prompting imaginative play in my kids than some dumb blinky/beepy electronic toy.
I know how they love to serve food to everyone...I have eaten at least 50 plastic cookies myself. I'm so glad that Mr. C loved his sticker book....of course, he loves anything his gramma gives him...laughed out loud about pulling stickers from Chuck...very funny..whenever I need some cheering up...it's off to the Lovell house...love you. Mama
We left the world of blinky beepy toys about 5 or 6 years ago, but now they all have cell phones and ipods, so the blink and beep are back. Stickers are the best. The kids in my class will walk on hot coals to get one at the end of the day.
Post a Comment