I was lost in everyday life & missed my blog, but facebook sucked me in. I couldn't help myself. It is so fun to find friends even if you don't 'talk' or even write to them. It is just nice to know they are there if I wanted to contact them.
Some of the pictures blew my mind. Some Friends lost TONS of weight, some look exactly the same with better hair (I graduated during BIG HAIR) and the rest look old, while I haven't aged a day. One girl has been at the same job for 16 years! Hello. That means since we were 16. (I am only 32). Seriously, I worked at a clothing store named Sunshine Blues when I was 16 and then as a checker at a grocery store later that year. If I was still at either one I would probably go out to the bar every Thursday for wing night, have a wall-o-bangs and still tight roll my white tapered pants. Yipes! lol
Some people are still livin' the single life, but most are married with kids and seem stable. My favorite people are the ones that join just to look like they have 'friends'. Having 289 'friends' on facebook doesn't make you popular. It makes you a stalker! You basically ask everyone that went to the same school as you to be your friend. Imagine that in the caf. "Hey, we go to the same school, want to be my friend because we go to the same school? We have so much in common. Did I mention I want you to be my friend?" You would run the other way.
Luckily, there is an ignore option. I find that much nicer than the NO button. I am currently ignoring a very popular girl I went to school with. She has almost 400 friends. She wouldn't be a good friend, she is spread too thin. I would need her to invest more time in our friendship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope onto facebook once a week or so. There's nothing like changing your name and moving 1000 miles away to lose track of people, but I have reconnected with some of my old friends through facebook. Like you said, I never really write them or talk to them, but it does kind of give me a link to the past just to know they are out there. Somewhere.
Fun post!
Funny, smart, soo true. I have missed you here in cyber-space. It is nice to have a list of people that you can keep track of. Maybe there should be a "friend" option and a "contact" option. LOL
I was a "victim" of moving and it has given me a real feeling of happiness to reconnect with childhood friends. That and marrying the boy from across the street!
Post a Comment